New Coins For 2017: Great Buys For Modern Coin Collectors
The year 2017 promises to bring many great things for coin collectors who enjoy modern coins. It's actually a big year for the United States numismatic scene, as April 2 marks the 225th anniversary of the establishment of the United States Mint. Thankfully, coin collectors get to enjoy many lustrous gifts during this monumental numismatic birthday bash.
Here's a rundown on some of the great new coins and coin products that coin collectors can look forward to from the U.S. Mint in 2017:
- Lions Clubs International Silver Dollar
- Boys Town Centennial Commemorative Half Dollar, Silver Dollar & $5 Gold Coin
Annual Coin Sets
- 2017 Clad Proof Set
- 2017 Silver Proof Set
- 2017 America The Beautiful Quarter Clad Proof Set
- 2017 America The Beautiful Quarter Silver Proof Set
- 2017 Uncirculated Set
- 2017 America The Beautiful Quarter Uncirculated Set
Gold Coins & Bullion Products
- 2017 American Liberty High-Relief $100 Gold Coin
- 2017 American Liberty Silver Medal
- 2017 American Buffalo Gold Proof
- 2017 American Eagle Gold Uncirculated Coins
- 2017 American Eagle Gold Proof Coins
- 2017 American Eagle Silver Proof Coin
- 2017 American Eagle Silver Uncirculated Coin
- 2017 – 20th Anniversary Platinum Proof Coin
- 2017 Limited-Edition Silver Proof Set
- 225th Anniversary of the United States Mint Enhanced Uncirculated Set
More Details On 2017 United States Mint Products
As is the case virtually every year, issue prices for U.S. Mint products are ordinarily not unveiled until soon before a given item is set for release. One of the reasons the Mint waits to update the public on pricing information for their new coin products is the ever-fluctuating price of bullion.
Gold, silver, and platinum prices are a key indicator of what certain bullion-related U.S. Mint products may cost. These prices change so much even over the course of just a few days. It is therefore infeasible for the Mint to release set prices for any of its products, and most especially those that contain gold, silver, or platinum, weeks or months ahead of the scheduled release dates of its products.
Confirmation of actual release dates for specific products is also kept under wraps in most cases. Coining needs, which are sometimes unpredictable due to national economic conditions and unforeseen national emergencies, may preempt the release of special collector products.
Coin collectors who are interested in buying the new 2017 U.S. Mint coins should join the Mint's mailing list for the latest information on products and related news. Don't forget to stay tuned here at CoinValues, too. We will offer the latest on new U.S. coin products as information and updates become available.