Gold: $2335.19  |  Silver: $27.45
  Thursday, 25 August 2016
  9 Replies
  3.2K Visits
  Subscribe
Hello,

I came across a very interesting wheat penny a couple of months ago and wanted to know if anyone knows anything in reference to this penny. It is a 1944 wheat penny with a different metal in the center . It looks like it could have been another coin in the middle but placed reversed . I have done some research and nothing shows up . Anyone out there that can help me?
Hello, Shaina --

Would you please submit a photo of your coin so I can take a look at it and make an assessment? You may upload an image here in the comments section.

Thank you!
Josh
7 years ago
·
Hello josh ,

Thank you for responding quickly I will attach it to this message
7 years ago
·
I can't see if the pictures are attaching . Please let me know if you can see them
7 years ago
·
Shaina, we just ran a test with another registered user just like yourself and the attachments are uploading OK. Please ensure that you are uploading a jpg or png file less than 2MB. You need to click on the Upload Files button, choose your file(s) and then click Reply.
Attachments (1)
7 years ago
·
Ok thank you so much. I just resized and made sure it is a png image now.
Attachments (1)
7 years ago
·
Here is the back of the penny .
Attachments (1)
Hello, Shaina --

Thank you for your patience in posting the images. This is some type of post-mint alteration, but I can't tell what the little plug says. It could very well have been a coin that was altered either for the sake of making jewelry or perhaps was a used as a promotional token for an organization, etc. At any rate, altered/novelty coins like this are sometimes worth a couple dollars, but the value would be on the higher side only if the origin can be determined.

I hope this info helps,
Josh
7 years ago
·
Hello josh,

Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate the information you shared with me . I will get it further looked into . Thank you again.
You're welcome! Good luck!
There are no replies made for this post yet.