Gold: $2331.07  |  Silver: $27.01
  Sunday, 20 December 2015
  6 Replies
  3.9K Visits
Hi, Anthony --

A few of these pieces traded hands in southern California between 1999 and 2000, but this isn't the time frame you indicated in your question. One was sold by a Lincroft, New Jersey, dealer in 2010 for $1.7 million. Two years later, another seven-figure transaction involving a 1943 bronze specimen happened on the East Coast.

I hope this helps,
Josh
would that of been philadelphia? was the seller zach and jojanna patchulle
would you be able to discuss its origin , mint(philadelphia?), sellers(zach and yohanna patchulle)
I have no information about anybody with the surname of Patchulle connected with the coin. What I do know about the Lincroft sales, if that is what you are referring to in your followup, is the 2010 sale was a 1943-D bronze cent (the only known Denver 1943 bronze cent) and the 2012 sale involved a 1943-S bronze penny. Both Lincroft sales were facilitated by Legend Numismatics.
Hi Josh, Merry Christmas. I really am appreciative of your help. I am wondering if your curious about my questions? Its kind of a long story, but i am hunting a 1943 copper (color) wheat cent with no mint mark, it was stolen from me(worst case) or possibly spent on cigarettes? The facts are true events,and leads me not being able to let go of what or where my penny went. I had no idea of its worth until 6 months after its disapperance. At that point I was floored at the chain of events that I had recently witnessed with one of the three people(suspects)but not possibly two other people one living in Philadelphia at that time,she assured me that i even had showed her the coin,I had begun to doubt I had even ever possesed it. The other person I suspect would of been the only one who Knew of its worth. On the day the penny was handed to me as change at a circle k. as soon as the penny was placed in my hand the consequences of my ignorance has compromised my families life my everyday thinking, motivation, self esteem and ultimately possibly my life and soul. I believe all doors that I want open will be opened and all doors i want closed will be closed. and by telling you this i am closing the door of possibly hurting or even worse to a close and very much loved friend of mine. so on that note i have decided to let go the thoughts of the value of that coin, And first and foremost my daughter Gina Buffa the value her life holds to me is more important than any amount of money, but the thoughts of the security of the penny for her leaves myself,my spirit decimated,my soul knows thepowerofmoney and can smell the devil.
I hope you had a great Christmas, too, Anthony. Something you said ("1943 copper color") penny makes me wonder... are you sure the coin you had is a genuine 1943 copper cent? Perhaps it's one of the thousands of counterfeit or faked 1943 copper-colored cents (or copper-plated) 1943 steel cents, and maybe you didn't really lose a six-figure coin after all? I hope that is the case in your situation.

However, if you did own a genuine 1943 copper cent, the best thing you could probably do is take the matter to your local law enforcement authorities and see if you can file a stolen/missing properties case.

All the best,
Josh
There are no replies made for this post yet.